An update on my musical progress learning the song “I’m Yours”

This week, I have focused most of time practicing the strumming pattern “duDuduDu” for my song. I feel fairly comfortable with my hand positions for the chords C, Am and F and my ability to transition between each chord.

The most difficult note to play in this song is definitely the G chord, as it requires three fingers on the fret board. Right now, I feel pretty good with playing the G chord. My transitions to it from C are still a bit shaky and not as smooth as I’d like. Hopefully, I can solidify this aspect of playing for next week.

For Friday’s music class, we had another opportunity to practice our instruments. Following this tutorial video from TenThumbs Productions (3:17), I practiced the strumming pattern for my song. I was able to practice with Maxie, who helped me with emphasizing the second down strum in ‘duDuduDu.’

For next week, I need to work on playing the chords along with the sheet music and lyrics. So far, I have only been working on mastering playing the chords without a play-along video. Something I definitely need to practice is using the strumming pattern while also playing the chords in the correct order for the song.

I am feeling pretty good so far of my progress for my music goal. However, I am feeling a little concerned how the next couple weeks will go regarding scheduling practice time as the semester is coming to a close. Nonetheless, I will continue to work on my strumming and look forward to recording my upcoming midterm video.