My next goal in my musical learning journey is to learn the song “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz. This song holds a lot of significance to me, and not to mention is insanely catchy, so I am super excited to learn it!

To start, I familiarized myself with the chords that are being used in the song. “I’m Yours” uses four main chords – C, G, F and Am. I have already learned C and F from my previous song “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,” so I only need to learn Am and G.

Like G7, the chord G uses three fingers on the fret board. Right now, I am finding it difficult to hold my fingers in the correct position whilst placing enough pressure on the chords. I am going to focus my practice on mastering the G chord. I found the Am chord easy to learn as it is requires only one finger on the fret board.

I am also learning to strum using a strumming pattern appropriate for my song. I have chosen the pattern ‘duDuduDu.’ A Youtube video I have found extremely helpful for learning proper strumming is “Your First Ukulele Lesson – How to Strum the Ukulele”  by TenThumbs Productions.

The chord chart I will be referencing for this song can be found here: I’M YOURS – Beginner Uke Chord Chart, and the main Youtube video I am using as a guide is located here.

My current goals

Right now, my main focus is on learning to play the G chord successfully and use the strumming pattern duDuduDu. I will do so by continuing to practice strumming using the G chord in short sessions throughout the week.