This is my last music progress blog before the midterm!

Looking back from last week, I am feeling a bit better in terms of my improvement. Now, I am able to (mostly) memorize the finger placements for the chord C, F and G7 so that I don’t have to uncomfortably lean over my ukulele and tilt it up towards myself to see the fret board. After practicing the song “Twinkle Twinkle Little Song” repeatedly over the last couple of weeks I have memorized the chords for each line of the  piece, which makes it bit easier so I don’t have to read the sheet music at the same time and can concentrate on singing the words.

However, I am still finding it difficult to smoothly transition into the G7 chord while playing. Whenever I practice, I have to take a short pause, find my spot and readjust my fingers before I can play the G7 chord. I will try to improve my transitions by practicing switching between the G7 and C chord repeatedly until it is no longer choppy and stiff.

Something else I am working on is playing in time with the song. For “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” the strumming pattern is just a straight strum down. However, since I am better at playing the chords present in the first and last lines (C C C C F F C, G7 G7 C C G7 G7 C) in terms of transitioning, I sometimes play those lines quicker than the rest. To combat this, I will try tapping out the beat with my foot while singing the song so that when I play, I stay on the proper beat.